Heath Farm Fostercare
- Web design, build and analytics
- Content creation
- E-campaign and adverts
- Print design and production
In August 2012, Acorn Care and Education approached Curve Interactive to help raise awareness of fostering and acquire new foster carers at Heath Farm in Kent, which also runs a school for children with complex emotional and behavioural issues.
What we did
Research and strategic input
- Reviewed and analysed existing online and offline marketing
- To avoid confusion and cater for two distinct audiences, we recommended to split Heath Farmís website into two distinct sites ñ one for fostering, the other for the special school
- To attract more fostering enquiries, we made a strategic recommendation to promote fostering as a viable career and shift peoplesí perception on whatís involved (itís often perceived as a voluntary occupation). This led to us purchasing a new domain ëmyfostercareer.orgí
- Researched the content for online and offline marketing by interviewing foster carers and staff ñ including motivations to foster, more information about the children, vital practical information, benefits of fostering with Heath Farm, and frequently asked questions
- Researched and wrote foster carerís real stories to be used across all marketing
- Established a ëtone-of-voiceí for Heath Farm Fostering ñ welcoming, friendly and reassuring
Design and build of website
- Produced sitemap and customer journeys for the website
- Designed a clear and concise design with strong calls to actions and signposting throughout
- Developed the site in Word Press CMS to allow for easy editing of the content by the client
- Optimised the website for organic seach
- Implemented tracking to allow for clear measurement and reporting
Printed marketing materials
- Planned, wrote and designed a 20 page brochure, folder and tri-fold leaflet ñ drawing on established branding and new copy and positioning
- Arranged cost-effective printing
- Identified and bought media space in regional magazines and papers
- Designed a half page and full page Press Ad showing the rewards of becoming a Foster carer
- Sourced targeted mailing data (12,000 email addresses in Kent area)
- Planned and wrote a series of emails designed to drive visitors to the website and promote fostering open days
- Managed distribution
- Provided analysis of mailing results
The average number of unique visitors to Heath Farmís website has increased dramatically since the new site launched. The average time spent on the site has consistently averaged between four and five minutes, with an average of four pages viewed per visit.
The site now produces around 12 good enquiries every month, and significantly more telephone enquiries.
We were tasked with helping them attract 30 new foster carers within 12 months (the assessment process takes between 3-6 months), and thanks to their new marketing tools, we are certain to achieve this in half the time.
The parent company, Acorn Care and Education, are so pleased with the service and results, that they presented this as case study across the wider business to promote good practice.
We are now working on Heath Farm Schoolís website and prospectus.